Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1984 remains one of the Foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko and Lagos
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: A&E Nursing Officer
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Level
- The Emergency nursing Officer will be responsible for assessing, intervening and stabilizing variety of trauma and ill patients who due to the range of medical conditions may require urgent treatment and care. The person will be required to understand triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need.
The key result areas of this role are:
- Attend to emergency patients and resolve their medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, and vital signs
- Moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
- Respond to signal lights, bells or intercom system to resolve patient’s needs.
- Record patient information in computerized logs.
- Order, stock and maintain exam rooms with standard levels of supplies, medications, and equipments.
- Operate clinical equipment according to equipment procedures including safety and quality control checks.
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Minimum academic qualification of an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Nursing with specialization in A & E
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- Certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support in Nursing or any related science degree.
- 2 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Registration with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
- Knowledge of Infection control practices.
Salary in line with industry standard
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2019
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.