We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Damboa, Borno
Supervisor: Medical Supervisor
Line Reports Medical Supervisor
Slot: 2 Openings
- Under the supervision of the Medical Doctor Supervisor, the Nurse will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Realization of the patients triage and taking vital signs
- Realization of paramedics acts including vaccination
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
Preparation of the medical site:
- Install the furniture and the material before the start of each mobile clinic
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities
Realization of the patients triage and taking vital signs:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Keep always the nurse tools clean and organized
- Do the triage of the patients with the medical doctors and give an MDM number to the patients needing a medical consultation
- Take weight, temperature and BP for all the patients who have been registered
- Give deworming drugs to all the targeted children according to the protocol
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Identify medical emergencies and refer them immediately to the medical doctor
Realization of paramedics acts including vaccination:
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing paramedics acts
- Realize malaria rapid diagnostic tests according to necessity and/or prescription
- Urine dipstick tests to the patients according to necessity and/or prescription
- Haemoglobin test according to prescription
- Make dressings according to MdM protocols
- Do injections according to necessity and/or prescription
- Ensure the cleaning and sterilisation of dressing material on a daily basis
- Check the immunization status of the children and proceed to proper immunization of targeted children according to EPI calendar
- Evaluate the right quantity of vaccines and consumables per day
Health education sessions:
- Give health education sessions to the patients in the different waiting areas
- Spread main messages about health education for the following topics: hygiene, safe water, nutrition, immunization (explain vaccination importance to mothers and caregivers, explain immunization schedule, ensure that all mothers or caregivers have understood adverse event following Immunization), antenatal care, post-natal care, assisted delivery, family planning, ARI, diarrhea, malaria, cholera,
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data:
- Perform the daily data collection regarding paramedics acts
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the paramedics data
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to Team Leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Participate to weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment/context
- Possession of a valid practicing certificate.
- Diploma in Nutrition will be an additional advantage
- Background/familiarity with Emergency is an added advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa Languages will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV explaining why you consider yourself suitable for this position and providing a valid email and telephone contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Nurse Damboa” as the subject of the mail.