Peri-Operative Nurse Vacancy at Lily Hospitals Limited
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1984 remains one of the Foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko and Lagos
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Peri-Operative Nurse
Locations: Benin City, Edo State and Warri, Delta State
Type: Full Time
- The Peri-operative Nurse plans and directs nursing care for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures.
- The job holder organizes peri-operative procedures to ensure patient admission, recovery care following surgery and preparation for discharge.
- The nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of a nursing care plan in accordance with the mission of the hospital to ensure safe and quality patient care to all patients.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Prepare patients for their procedure by ensuring that pre-medication is administered, patient or guardian has given written consent, required blood tests have been carried out, identification labels and bracelets are correct and all patient’s allergies have been recorded in the patient’s notes.
- Assess the psychological and physiological conditions of patients before, during and after the operation to ensure an optimal outcome of the patient.
- Manage the nurse care of the patient and coordinate the needs of the surgical team with other care providers necessary for completion of the surgery
- Assist surgeons in selecting and handling of instruments, controlling bleeding and suturing incisions.
- Ensure ‘surgical conscience’ in the co work of perioperative practices.
- Respond to life-saving situations based upon Lily hospital’s nursing standards and protocols.
- Conduct pre- and post-operative education by providing verbal instructions to patient’s family or guardian during pre-operative period about the surgical experience.
- Teach patients and their family members or guardians on how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Collect, interpret, record and communicate pertinent data relevant to the patient’s care in surgery.
- Ensure patient’s assessments, interventions and outcomes are documented according to Lily hospitals’ standards, policy and procedure.
- Operate clinical equipment according to equipment procedures including safety and quality control checks.
- Ensure the safe operation of equipments and machinery and follow procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members
- Minimum academic qualification of a Registered Peri-Operative Nurse
- 2-3 years and above relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Possession of BLS and ACLS training certificate is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as Registered Nurse or Registered Peri- Operative Nurse.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
- Knowledge of Infection control practices.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2019
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.