Psychologist Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We invite qualified and interested candidates to participate in our 2-year Trainee-ship Scheme across our programme locations:
Job Title: Psychologist
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Abuja and Plateau
Overview of the Role
- The role of the Trainee Psychologist is to support in evaluating children who are experiencing emotional difficulties and provide a treatment plan.
- He/she will support to assess the child to determine the problem, develop a therapeutic strategy and meet with the child in a therapeutic setting.
- His/her job will include education, guidance and support for families – working with parents individually and in groups to teach parents proactive behavioral prevention strategies.
Key Responsibilities Evaluation and Assessment
- Meeting and establishing rapport with the child and young adults through various relevant methods, collaboration with
- relevant staff, parents and specialists to help devise appropriate treatment plans and interventions for children and young persons in need.
- Carry out diagnosis of the issue affecting the emotional well-being of a child while engaging a variety of instruments to determine the needs of the potential condition of the chi
Prevention and Parent Education:
- Support to provide caregivers management training as positive parenting programmes for the child’s wellbeing and counselling of individuals and assistance in individual and team thera
- Exhibit extreme sensitivity and caution in executing all required interventions in order to avoid causing further distress in the child’s life, causing more problems, and interfering with the child’s healing
- Work professionally in line with SOS Children’s Villages Child Protection Policy
- Bachelor in Psychology and Masters is an added advantage
- At least 2 years post graduate experience.
- Empathy, compassion and patience to work with children and young adults.
- Good communication skills, especially the ability to relate to children, and good listening skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Conflicts, disputes resolution and mediation skill
- In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Qualified trainee who become successful after the two years Traineeship period shall have the opportunity to be retained and converted to full-fledged employees of the organization.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online