Health Records Officer Vacancy at DeDa Hospital
DeDa Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Records Officer
- Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in Heath information Management with at least 2 years of working experience in a hospital. Knowledge of working with ERP will be and added advantage.
- The applicant must also possess the following skills: Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, stating your achievements in your job role as a Health Records Officer and CV as an attachment (MS word and PDF files only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Health Records Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only Applications that meet the above criteria will be looked at. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.