Laboratory Advisor Vacancy at ICAP
ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system–from patients to health care providers to government officials – ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Advisor
Locations: Akwa Ibom, and Niger States
- ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Laboratory Advisors in Akwa Ibom, and Niger States in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing laboratory systems, strengthening laboratory activities as well as quality management support to State teams and implementing partners. The incumbents will also oversee and provide capacity building support at the State level.
- ICAP seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates to fill the Laboratory Advisor positions by October 2019. The successful candidate will hold a Masters in Laboratory Sciences or relevant scientific field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in laboratory management, quality assurance, quality control, biosafety, document development, specimen management and use of electronic information systems within a laboratory context in resource-limited settings.
- The incumbents will have a demonstrated track record working on US Government-supported PEPFAR programs. The Laboratory Advisor will also have experience working effectively as a part of diverse staff teams, and contributing to successful collaborations with donors, state ministries of health, and civil society.
- This is a locally employed position contingent upon availability of grant funding.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: ICAP-Jobs@cumc.columbia.edu with the Job Title “Laboratory Advisor– State of preference” in the subject line.