Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Vacancy at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Niger and Adamawa
Position Reports to: Strategic Information Director/STL
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHP1EGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will maintain office database systems ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S/he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Demography and Statistics or equivalent in any discipline in the Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years’ post-NYSC working experience in the implementation and management of health Strategic Information systems (HIV programming preferred).
- Experience in USG and PEPFAR reporting required, experience with high frequency reporting requirements.
- High-level computer skills using MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS and/or SAS and Epi-Info Windows
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2019 (Time: 4:00pm)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position / Location” you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations stated above are strongly encouraged to apply.