Program Assistant Vacancy at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Niger and Adamawa
Position Reports to: Program Officer
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Program Assistant will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the RISE project being implemented at the state level. This includes assisting with development of work plans, liaising with State Ministry staff, other rtners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Public Health or related field, or equivalent job experience
- 2-3 years’ of experience in programmatic support of international health projects
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Experience in coordinating USG funded projects and familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures
- Proven track record of working with a project team composed of technical experts, program, and finance staff.
- Fluency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English.
- Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2019 (Time: 4:00pm)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position / Location” you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations stated above are strongly encouraged to apply.