Strategic Information Advisor Vacancy at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Reports to: SI Director
- The Senior Strategic Information (SI) Advisor for TMEC/RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, activities and technical assistance for RISE/Nigeria.
- RISE/Nigeria will focus its support for service delivery in the following intervention areas: HIV testing services (HTS), HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) with RH/HIV integration, TB/HIV service integration, Laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. States include Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience In monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as a One Single Word document indicating location to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply