Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor (SIA)
Ref Id: sfh-48586
Location: Bauchi and Adamawa
- The Strategic Information Advisor (SIA) provides support to the Director of Strategic Information (DSI) to ensure effective implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
- S/He collaborates with the State Project Team and other relevant stakeholders to develop M&E policies, indicators, tools, templates, strategies and frameworks for the project.
- S/He contributes to the project efforts in developing and strengthening M&E processes and systems.
- S/He assists the DSI in assuring the quality, timely, and relevant performance of the project in the state.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or any related field; further training in the same fields of expertise/ a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in public health or social science. This should be inclusive of (3) three years of experience in research, monitoring & evaluation in a supervisory role.
Skills and competencies:
- Well-versed in technical knowledge of the epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Strong research skills, and proven capability to develop M&E policies, plans, and standard operating procedures/guidelines
- Demonstrated capacity in writing scientific papers and results for both scientific & lay audiences
- Excellent analytical and communication skills; ability to also speak in local dialects is an added advantage
- Ability to identify, assess, and select performance indicators, monitoring tools, and reporting templates
- Ability to work well with individuals and teams of diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Ability to coach/mentor program coordinators in M&E
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Excellent computer operations skills, preferably with proficiency in MS Office and social science research software.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2019.
How to Apply