Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients’ needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job ID: R2518558
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Head, Specialty Care BU
- To identify Business Development opportunities for Sanofi NGGH, in line with the affiliate’s business strategy and orientations, with particular focus on Specialty care Products and mature products adapted to NGGH markets.
- To design analytical and opportunistic business cases to widen the portfolios, bring profitable value to the affiliate and leverage its growth.
- Develop and establish a comprehensive analysis which provides intelligence on the market and competition and identifies opportunities and threats for Sanofi; and recommend proactive and corrective measures related to strategic plans for further business growth. Identify and assess new business opportunities (new markets, new products and new clients) with particular focus in the following areas:
- Specialty Care Products
- Mature Products
- Uncovering our business information needs across a range of functions, including competitive intelligence, product marketing, market research that can better support our product managers.
- Managing the new product launches from initial business case preparation, approval and successful launches before handing over to the product managers.
- Generating a consistently strong pipeline of new opportunities to exceed achievable yet challenging annual growth targets and ensuring all data is captured and updated in our long-range plans provided to senior management
- Collaborating with the Product Managers to identify new sales opportunities, campaign messaging and timely delivery of our insights to help solve stakeholder and business problems
- Providing input on new product development projects (‘voice of the customer’) and developing sales strategies and tactics to penetrate new markets
- Manage the identification of products, brands and /or molecules for:
- Co-promotion / co-marketing
Strategize, prioritize, write and implement Business Development plans related to:
- Brand & product acquisition.
- Brand in licensing or co-promotion agreements.
- Product exchange or sale
- Build a project management tool and ensure a systematic follow up on completion of steps to identified critical milestones and ensure launch timing accuracy
- Work with marketing team to improve forecasts and price estimate accuracy by providing benchmarks for penetration in new segments and markets
- Building long lasting relationships with key industry decision makers that lead to new business development opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with companies in the local and international pharmaceutical industry.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations to update management on market opportunities, competition and business trends
- Comply with the highest level of confidentiality relating to BD Projects Respect personal data protection Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- University Graduate with a Pharmacy or Medical background from a University of repute.
- At least 4 years cognate experience, part or all of which the job holder has demonstrated a successful track record in sales/ marketing management.
The following skills are required:
- Strong project management Skills
- Leadership & Management skills
- Entrepreneurship spirit & strategic thinking skills (“business oriented”)
- Autonomous & pro-active
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Strong ethical standards required to model desired behaviour.
- Good computer skills Mastering Microsoft Office Pack (PowerPoint & Excel)
- Internal: Sales, Marketing, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, HR, Business Support, Zone BD Team
- External: Local & International Pharmacy Industry
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online