Laboratory Officer Vacancy at Novena Medicals
Novena Medicals is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Officer
- Medical Laboratory Scientists, also known as Biomedical Scientists are involved in lab-based tasks such as sampling, testing and measuring in the field of medicine
- They study samples obtained from the human body. The outcomes of their research inform medical practice and procedure and can help to tackle major diseases
- Examining and analysing body fluids and cells to look to for bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms
- Analysing the chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds such as blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Identifying blood groups and cross matching blood for transfusions
- Monitoring the effects of medication by testing how a patient is responding to treatment
- Using microscopes, cell counters, and other sophisticated laboratory equipment
- Relaying results to relevant medical staff, who use the information to diagnose and treat the patient’s illness
- Keeping accurate records and writing reports
- Assisting in the production and updating of laboratory documentation, particularly relating to policies and standard operating procedures
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD)
- Ensuring the service is provided in an accurate, efficient and cost effective manner.
- B.Sc in Microbiology or equivalent field.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.