Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a leading provider of world-class healthcare services for over 15 years in Lagos, The facility is a growing family practice that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centered family medicine.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization in the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients
- She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Additional qualification or any other relevant training would be an advantage
- 2-5 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willing ness to learn)
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate ability to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate good stress management
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using their “Name and Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.