Perioperative/ Theatre Nurse Vacancy at Summit Orthopaedics
Summit Orthopaedics is a start up company dedicated to providing cutting edge solutions to bone and joint problems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Perioperative/ Theatre Nurse
- We are looking for a competent Perioperative/Theatre Nurse to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
- They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assess patients prior to surgery e.g. NPO status and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
- Assessing patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- Gathering all supplies needed for the operation
- Assuming responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Communicate with physicians, LPNs, radiologists and other medical professionals
- Track and maintain medical supply inventory along with other staff members
- Full-time role will include providing a full range of duties including:
- Proven experience as operating room nurse circulating and scrub
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding organizational ability
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Must display basic knowledge of the role
- Must have the current license
- Experience in Perioperative nursing is desirable
- Applicants should be resident in Lagos.
- Preferably Egbeda and its environs.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title as subject of the email.