Associate (Healthcare) Vacancy at McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate (Healthcare) – Africa Delivery Hub
Who You’ll Work With
- You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll work on projects that are typically longer term, more tangible, and with greater focus on leadership and coaching of client teams.
- You will work exclusively with governments, donors, and senior leaders in civil service on transformational challenges in economic development by building capabilities, overseeing transformation, and delivering policy solutions.
- You will analyze data to identify opportunities and drive performance. As an Associate, you will co-create performance targets and milestones with clients.
- You will set up and manage project management systems to track performance, and you’ll also have the chance to strengthen your specific technical/sectorial expertise to offer specialist delivery support to clients with targeted needs.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal knowledge building initiatives and contribute to industry conferences and workshops.
- Undergraduate & doctorate/advanced degree in Medicine / Pharmacy / Public Health or related disciplines with an excellent academic record (MD/MPH or PhD)
- 7+ years of experience in development-consulting style position or working in a public or social sector institution
- Experience working in Africa is a strong plus
- Demonstrate sound reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English. French speaking proficiency is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online