Field Officer Vacancy at Damien Foundation (23 slots)
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH/GMU and IHVN TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin,Mushin,Kosofe,IkoroduBadagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja)
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for the qualified persons to fill up the position below for the TB grant in the respective 20 LGAs in Lagos State:
Job Title: DFB Field Officer
Slot: 23 Openings
Adhoc Staff: Contract period: 1 year and 4 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and coordinating TB and Leprosy control activities in LGA.
- Assisting the STBLCO in planning, organizing and conducting training programmes.
- Ensuring proper sputum collection and prompt transportation to the laboratory
- Assisting in diagnosis and management of difficult TBL patients.
- Supervising treatment by other health workers throughout the LGA and ensure that the National guidelines are followed.
- Keeping an up-to-date and accurate record of TB and leprosy control activities in the LGA, including the – LGA Central Register.
- Minimum of B.Sc Basic Sciences or Medical related discipline
- Past experience in Public health related programme
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) experience / statistical experience will be an added advantage
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS, Epi-Info and STATA
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Age: Not more than 40 years
- Coverage Area: 20 LGAs in Lagos State(Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, IkoroduBadagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Application Closing Date
12:00 pm, 30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: email@example.com Email subject should be the position applying for.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.