Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Project: Global Fund
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases
The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities mostly in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- The Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation for the AHNi Global Fund Project
- S/he will work with other senior staff at the HQ office to provide oversight role over Sub-recipients to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs and requirements, will equally provide oversight technical support to the designated zones including interacting with zonal M&E lead, Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that locally employed Monitoring and Evaluation staff, consultants and AHNI partners understand and can support these requirements.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar Degree with 5 – 6 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Or B.S/B.A in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 10 or more years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.