Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: Pharmacy Technician
- The pharmacy technician will be responsible for drug dispensing and drug inventory management. To assist the Pharmacists and Chief Pharmacist in the day to day running of operations in the department. This position requires keen attention to detail, good manners, and customer service skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of medications by reviewing and interpreting drug-requests on the EMR.
- Detecting therapeutic incompatibilities while preparing drugs, reporting to the requesting doctor, and advising him/her as occasion may necessitate.
- Compounding, packaging, and labelling pharmaceuticals, and dispensing them.
- Assisting the chief pharmacist in the procurement of drugs.
- Maintaining and updating the drug inventory.
- Receive drugs from companies and verify to ensure quality of drugs.
- Sending of messages to patients for collection of outstanding drugs.
- Sourcing for drugs based on instructions of Pharmacist and Chief Pharmacist.
- Taking stock to keep tract of drugs running low.
- Participating in continuous education and professional development initiatives of the hospital. clinical programs such as clinical meetings, medical presentations pharmacy trainings.
- Ensuring the safety, organization, cleanliness, and hygiene of the pharmacy at all times.
- To assist with any other task required by other co-pharmacists.
Qualification and Experience
- Work experience: At least 1-2 years as a Pharmacy Technician in a reputable organization.
- Education requirements: a Diploma in Pharmaceutical technique
- Must be a certified member of the Pharmacists council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite, and internet
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.