Reconnect Health Development Initiative is an international mental health charity that has been established to promote overall better mental health. We work with individuals, institutions, groups and communities to alleviate the sufferings of people affected by mental disorders and substance abuse problems such as addiction.
Our organization and its partners seek to establish grassroots actions to provide compassionate and concrete solutions. Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: 3 Months Contract
- Provide psychological and counselling support to humanitarian staff including military and the civilian staff or local support vigilante group, post critical incidents and other emergencies;
- Assessment of humanitarian staff who are in crisis and require emergency psychological and/psychiatric support;
- Develop and provide training on relevant topics including stress management, emotional processing, dealing with critical incidents and wellbeing;
- Produce psycho-educational material for dissemination.
- Support the development of a peer support network for humanitarian community in Maiduguri.
- Work with colleagues to develop preventative initiatives, e.g. preparing for critical incidents;
- Ensure that other security plans include provisions to provide for the psycho social needs of humanitarian staff and security personnel during emergencies and following critical incidents;
- Ensure that reports and other administrative duties are carried out to a professional standard;
- Refer humanitarian staff and security personnel to outside mental health professionals or facilities, as recommended;
- Undertake duty travel to very challenging areas when necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Documentation of data collected for report writing and other purposes.
- Submission of treatment plan to the Psychology leads periodically.
- Minimum Masters Degree in Psychology
- Must possess at least 1 year work experience as a Clinical Psychologist
- Knowledgeable in trauma focused therapy
- Must know how to peak Hausa or Kanuri
- Ability to carryout therapeutic intervention using evidence based psychological models
- Strong communications (written, oral and presentation) skills
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject matter, e.g. Clinical Psychologist- Maiduguri.