Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR, Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
HIFASS is therefore seeking the employment of the position below to support the existing government health systems with necessary equipment, materials and infrastructure to improve healthcare provisions to refugees and host communities in Taraba State:
Job Title: Health Officer
Location: Taraba State
Field Operations Job Type: 3 months
Reports To: Program Manager
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- Oversees strategic health & referral processes, coordinates responsive escorted referrals, and builds capacity of households on nutrition.
- Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation using participatory, rights and community-based approaches, which will inform health programming and ensure that UNHCR meets its commitments to accountability to persons of concern.
- Ensure UNHCR health care referral/SOPs are up to date and modified when needed, dissemination and training to various partners.
- Improve the referral pathway between primary and secondary health care level.
- Advocate for public health promotion/awareness and sensitization in the refugee locations and host communities.
- Facilitate sector coordination meetings led by the health departments.
- Ensure refugees are well aware of referral system by mass information.
- Provide accurate data and analysis on the primary health care services with detailed analysis of maternal and neonatal mortality.
- Highlight breaches of quality of care and access issues.
- Review complex cases with UNHCR focal public heath staff if needed including timely response, referral, follow up, data entry and filing notes for the file (NFF).
- Maintain limited capacity (medical consumables and personnel) to respond to emergency medical cases.
- Build Capacity of refugees and host communities to respond to medical emergencies.
- Provide sensitization/awareness in refugee settlements and host communities on Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (SRMNCH)/HIV/AIDS services.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications/Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Nursing/Public Health/Environmental Sciences or related field. (Master’s in a related field will be an added advantage);
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Health Information Systems and statistical software.
- Knowledge of local institutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and local language.
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: email@example.com specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Taraba State.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in Abuja.