World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: National Consultant – Review of the Human Resources for Health Policies and Development of Human Resources for Health Strategic Plans 2021-2025
Job ID: 1904767
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract Duration: 60 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The national human resources for health (HRH) policy 2015 was developed to provide a framework and guidance for implementation of the National Health Policy 2007 and National Health Act 2014 goals towards strengthening HRH in Nigeria
- The goal of the policy is to develop and maintain a health workforce that is appropriately sized, structured, skilled, well balanced, distributed, resourced, committed and performing efficiently and effectively in order to provide all Nigerians with equal access to a minimum health care package.
Purpose of the Assignment:
- The purpose of this assignment is to review the Human Resources for Health Policy and develop the Human Resources for Health Strategic Plan 2021-2025 that aligns with global, regional and national strategies for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and UHC.
- Review the National HRH Policy
- Lead conduct of a National HRH situation analysis
- Lead conduct of a HRH situation analysis in Bauchi and Cross River States
- Lead the review the National HRH policy and the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Policies
- Support the revision of the National HRH policy and lead the revision of the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Policies
- Support the development of the National HRH Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025
- Develop the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Strategic Plans 2021 – 2015
- Contribute in the preparation and facilitation of the validation workshops.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Human Resource Management or other relevant Degrees
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Human Resource Management or other relevant degree is an asset
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in health workforce policy development, review and strategic and operational planning
- Familiarity with current debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and health workforce strengthening work within the local, state, national and international arena.
Application Closing Date
10:59:00pm; 22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online