World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Ref No: 2003420
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Purpose of the Position
- WHO is supporting the government of Nigeria in her response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- There is an urgent need for data capture and analyses in the management of this pandemic and monitoring progress at all levels (Global, Regional, Country, and State levels).
Description of Duties
- Under the guidance of the WHE Laboratory lead, the incumbent would perform the following duties;
- Support the NCDC (NRL) to develop and maintain required databases
- Conduct timely analysis and reporting of data
- improve data quality through routine monitoring
- Improve data use and feedback of data to key stakeholders and reporting sources
- Ensure that data generated is properly managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed
- Train state level laboratory data collectors on data collection and electronic data entry
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state level users
Secondary, technical or commercial school certificates with training in or technical certificate in data management
University degree in the field of data management sciences, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Possess at least 4 years’ experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system and Laboratory management systems (LIMS)
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info
Previous related work experience in the UN or other International Development Agencies, Training on DHIS2 platform.
Use of language skills:
Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
Specific skills required:
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of Laboratory Management Systems, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience, or knowledge of system integration with public health surveillance systems is an advantage
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA). Experience with web- based applications – is desired.
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Communicating in a credible and efficient way
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.