Nurture Child Development Clinic – We are an early childhood care and development consultancy. Our mission is to ensure every Nigerian child starts right and has a strong foundation for life success. We diagnose and treat late talking, no speech, inattention, poor handwriting, learning difficulties, autism and other delays that interfere with your child’s optimal development & learning success.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide full spectrum of occupational therapy services in accordance with the scope of identified needs of each child
- Evaluate and treat deficits in occupational performance components that include motor, neuromusculoskeletal, cognitive, social, and sensory dysfunction.
- Treatment includes individual and group-based purposeful activity and exercises.
- Administer and interpret occupational therapy assessment and evaluation tools.
- Interpret evaluation findings to develop and coordinate intervention plans, including goals and methods to achieve stated goals.
- Implement the intervention plans directly or in collaboration with others.
- Monitor the individual’s response to interventions and modify treatment plan and reevaluate as necessary.
- Communicate and/or collaborate with the patients, family members, caregivers, interdisciplinary professionals or other individuals verbally and in writing.
- Provide supervision to Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Develop play therapy program plans and curriculum for use by parents in the parent-mediated approach and look for opportunities to apply techniques, principles, and methods.
- Conduct follow up assessments to document progress and prepare video and written feedback.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy (OT).
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in the area of developmental disabilities (Autism, ADHD, Cerebral palsy & Learning Difficulties)
- A minimum of 1 year experience within the last two years working with toddlers and or preschool children with autism spectrum disorders and early intervention theories and practices.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their recent Resume and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.