Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Costing and Budget Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Idmibok International is currently seeking a Costing and Budget Officer in the Finance department.
- S/He will lead in the creation of budgets and cost applications for Idmibok Internationals existing programs and will also work on the financial component of Idmibok Internationals proposals to secure funding from donor agencies
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares budgets and cost applications as needed for Global Fund, USAID, CDC and other donor solicitations, including budget narratives and related cost documents;
- Reviews solicitations to identify cost proposal issues to be clarified and/or addressed;
- Develops cost proposal schedules, formats excel templates, conducts pricing research and prepares supplemental cost documents needed for submission;
- Develops pricing strategies, provides cost/pricing input, and resolves issues as needed;
- Conducts quality assurance checks on budgets;
- Participates in meetings and interacts with the new business team throughout the proposal development process;
- Works with proposal partners, negotiates costs and budgets, and coordinates overall process;
- Writes concise budget narratives and responds to final budget questions when needed;
- Ensures all compliance requirements are met within each cost proposal and related cost documents;
- Prepares budgets for final review and approval;
- Assists other team members when needed.
- Assists the program implementation teams to review, revise, realign budgets and prepare requests for donors for budget modifications;
- Works closely with Idmibok International’s Finance team to develop templates, conduct training for staff, and mentor Program Management teams to entrench sophisticated budgeting and pricing skills within the team;
- Participates in developing and implementing effective training programs in financial management and compliance.
- Attends and engages in regular new business development meetings, compliance and program practice area meetings as relevant;
- Participates in assigned working groups, summits, sessions, and other such activities;
- Develops and maintains constructive working relations within and between Idmibok International departments;
- Work with finance and accounting unit to prepare for annual statutory and donors audits
- Excellent finance and accounting knowledge and must be able to manage and supervise finances of a state office.
- Should be able reconcile accounts and manage both receivable and payable accounts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID, DFID, CDC requirements, and other donors
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Demonstrated familiarity with pricing under both acquisition and assistance instruments.
- Demonstrated familiarity with sophisticated budgeting tools, approaches, processes and procedures.
- Robust multi-tasking skills, organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy under time pressure and on short deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to conduct research, handle routine tasks, as well as the problem-solving and resourcefulness for more complex and substantive work.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Costing and Budget Officer”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.