Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We arerecruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Economist
Ref Id: sfh-80044
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Depart: Health Financing
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15 -19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for reviewing the impact of A360 Nigeria’s interventions on state funding, helps the project understand national and state targets including the funding mechanism that is linked to them.
- This individual will also support in identifying creative funding solutions such as service-level agreements with PPMVs to provide services to adolescents.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Reviews the impact of A360 Nigeria’s interventions on state funding,
- Lead in conducting economic analyses and providing evidence for the project initiative.
- Coordinate the studies for analysis of the impact of user charges and its implications on health care utilization in facilities for the project to inform advocacy
- Analyze the resource allocation pattern to the sector and suggest ways to enhance the value for money while also analyzing the adequacy of the resource allocation.
- Support in identifying creative funding solutions such as service-level agreements with PPMVs to provide services to adolescents.
- Supports the project to understand national and state targets including the funding mechanism that is linked to them.
- Support the States Ministry of Health to build a business case for ASRH programming including conducting cost-effectiveness and/or cost-benefit analysis, modeling impact of investments on mortality, morbidity and health status as well as benefits outside the health sector
- Contribute to scientific writing and production of reports.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in the relevant field (Health Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, Statistics, or other Social Sciences)
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years post-NYSC experience in the health sector and in health economics.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Strong economic, statistical and econometric skills, including experience with detailed, high-level data analysis and sampling
- Sound communication and technical writing skills
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian and state health system and key health system actors.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Cognate experience in providing technical assistance to government at national or sub-national levels is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online