Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICU Nurse Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The ICU Nurse Manager is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective operating services that achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- The ICU Nurse Manager is required to plan, analyze, design, monitor and provide advice on nursing issuesand models of care to ensure innovative, effective and efficient service delivery in collaboration with management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with medical and nursing staff to ensure timely, quality and appropriate services to patients and provide leadership in complex patient situations.
- Actively monitor and ensure timely flow of patients from admission through to transfer or discharge.
- Encourage an environment of self-accountability and responsibility for effective clinical decision making and patient outcomes.
- Develop and maintain key communication links within ICU and across the wider organization.
- Act as an effective role model by demonstrating high level of clinical competence and judgment and provide direct clinical care as required.
- Promote and ensure infection control standards are maintained.
- Actively manage clinical risk, informs the Director of Clinical Services of incidents and contribute to quality and risk planning activities.
- Maintain quality standards to meet accreditation requirements.
- Lead practice development and change management initiatives that affect patient and organizational outcomes.
- Ensure increased patient safety and to improve outcomes in terms of morbidity, mortality, and length of stay.
- Monitor catheters, leads and tubing for proper placement and functioning.
- Provide support, empathy, tender, quality and reassurance in the delivery of patient care.
- Ensure that all ICU procedures are done safely and competently and ensuring responsible and effective use of ICU resources.
- Respond to emergency/life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Ensure that patients’ records are inputted correctly on the EMR and ensuring the strictest confidentiality of patients’ information.
- Attend to enquiries and complaints from both internal stakeholders; patients, relatives, staff or management and external stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Prepare and administer medication; orally, subcutaneously, or through an IV and records prescribed medications.
- Perform or assist others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science or Healthcare Administration
- RN and RM, Nursing practice license with 4-6 years’ experience as a Staff/ICU Nurse
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software
- Primary Focus on Customer Service
- Extensive experience in ICU in a hospital setting
- Experience and commitment to clinical teaching
Skills and Competence:
- Demonstrate ability to assess patient’s understanding of and compliance with instructions and health care teaching.
- Demonstrate ethical values, expertise and professionalism in day-to-day work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, collaborative practice, problem solving and priority setting skills.
- Ability to provide compassionate, appropriate, and effective care to patients.
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software and EMR usage.
- Must demonstrate managerial and leadership qualities.
- Team player and collaboration with other departments on a professional level.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.