Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Finance and Administration
Ref Id: sfh-08147
Locations: North West, North Central, South East and South South
Depart: Finance & Accounts
Job Type: Permanent
- The Manager – Finance and Administration will be the lead expert for project financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management. .
- S/he will be responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management including cash flow management, timely donor financial and annual financial reporting using approved templates.
- S/he will be responsible for managing financial and operational review processes as well as internal and external audit review exercises in compliance with donor financial and standard accounting rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Manage the accounting, finance, HR, and administration components of the project and ensure consistency with SFH standard operating procedures and policies, donor cost principles and accounting standards and ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub-awards/contracts to ensure funds are effectively and efficiently utilised in accordance with donor financial rules for the purpose of actualising the project goals,
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analysing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending,
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations,
- Oversee payroll procedures, administer payroll, and monitor employee timekeeping, develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems,
- Ensure appropriate reporting on financial, HR and other areas to meet donor and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Finance, or related field; a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of a bi-lateral or multi-lateral donor-funded project in Nigeria or other African countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project financial budget preparation, commercial negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing, and reporting, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting, and budget variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing operations, including managing people and performance.
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and organisational skills, a thorough understanding of accounting and donor financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands-on experience using an ERP and business management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online