Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Ref Id: sfh-74582
Locations: North West, North Central, South East and South South
Depart: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Type: Full-time
- This position supports project development and implementation by tracking deliverables using appropriate Monitoring & Evaluation tools and processes.
- S/he will assist the Project Director in ensuring sound project planning, monitoring and evaluation of progress and technical reporting and provide leadership for project evaluations, action planning and performance reporting to donor and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide clear guidance for M&E data management processes that will enable systematic collection, collation, processing, analysis, and interpretation and use of data,
- Help define a list of core indicators that enables tracking of progress among different interventions and sub-population groups and collect data on project activities and results and assess the quantity and quality of achievements of targets,
- Lead on data visualisation and generation of high level analytics to shape project implementation and delivery of impact
- Establish clear information flow channels between the different implementation levels, donors, and stakeholders,
- Develop a plan for strengthening the capacity of staff and other implementing partners on monitoring and evaluation of the project,
- Make a quarterly report to the Project Manager which summarises progress against key output indicators at the project level, with discussion of any specific progress issues as need be
- Facilitate the regular conduct of data quality audits to verify and authenticate data emanating from the project field activities
- Support the project team to document best practices and lessons learned from implementation of the project.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Demographics, Anthropology, Social Work, Epidemiology, or related field of study,
- Must possess at least seven (7) years post-NYSC working experience in project monitoring and evaluation in public health/nutrition or any large social sector programs,
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of M & E techniques and methodologies including knowledge of conducting operations research, household surveys and qualitative assessments, data analysis, data management and interpretation and reporting,
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting,
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment, NGO or good understanding of international donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage with ability to manage deliverables within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Experience in mixed-methods research (qualitative and quantitative) across various study designs and ability to use standard M&E and analytical tools and software such as Stata, SPSS, MS Excel etc.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment in preferred location.
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with advanced quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- H/She will have strong report writing and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organise, and manage resources for the successful completion of projects.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online