Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Perioperative Nurse
Ref No: PN00001
- Reporting to the Theatre Manager, the Perioperative Nurse will be responsible for providing patient care. The incumbent is responsible for assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery.
- The incumbent coordinates the overall nursing care in the operating room to help maintain a safe and comfortable environment. These activities include serving as a scrub nurse, selecting and passing instruments and supplies used for the operation.
- The incumbent ensures patient assessment, pre- and post-operative patient education. The incumbent monitors the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
- The Perioperative Nurse organizes activities related to the completion of nursing care by other healthcare team members. Observe breaches in surgical asepsis, as well as coordinate the needs of the surgical team.
- The responsibilities also includes providing aid in exposure, homeostasis, closure, and other intraoperative functions to ensure all surgical procedures go smoothly
- Assess patients prior to surgery and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Giving directions on proper handling of materials and tools
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Organizes activities related to the completion of nursing care by other healthcare team members, observe breaches in surgical asepsis
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Reviewing preoperative assessments with patients, and managing activities in the operating room
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
- RN and RPON
- BSN Preferred
- BLS certification
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Employees will be required to take responsibility for their assigned patients and see them to term
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.